Performance without limits.
- Two-box configuration for optimum rejection of electromagnetic interference
- Split-rail power supply featuring 800VA toroidal transformer, three smoothing capacitors and new Discrete Regulator (DR)
- Fully suspended sub-chassis for superior isolation of sensitive circuit boards
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- Independent listen and record banks for maximum flexibility
- Assignable inputs for enhanced usability with a range of sources
Like every component in our flagship 500 Series range, the NAC 552 has been developed without compromise or constraint. Its two-box design, which houses the power supply components in a separate enclosure to better control electromagnetic interference, is classically Naim. By contrast, the power supply itself employs radically new thinking, including a new split-rail configuration that almost entirely eliminates power supply noise in the signal earth.
The sound critical electronics of the NAC 552 are mounted on a brass sub-chassis which is fully suspended on coil springs at a frequency below the threshold of human hearing. This method of suspension maximises isolation, hence minimizing the effect of vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components. Carefully selected precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve music integrity and ensure long-term stability.
Six inputs on the NAC 552 can be selected directly from either the front panel or the remote control. In addition to the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, the NAC 552 owner can configure two of the inputs for use with the more common RCA phono type connectors, enabling the use of alternative components with pre-owned interconnects.
|Dimensions||18 × 12 × 5 in|