McIntosh MT2 Precision Turntable
Store sale only, not available online.
Please contact us for pricing: 1-800-838-1812 or email us.
If you have a trade-in, request Trade-in Price.
The McIntosh MT2 Turntable is eligible for Overture’s trade-in program for an in-store sale. As America’s premier McIntosh audio dealer, we can give you the most for any audio equipment you would like to trade-in on a McIntosh MT2 Turntable. You can request a trade-in price by filling out our trade-in form.
The MT2 Precision Turntable becomes the 3rd and most economical model in our line of turntables. It combines the latest in turntable technology and design to deliver both superb performance and accurate playback. A full complement of features allows for all recordings to be reproduced with flawless realism. Its advanced electronic and mechanical design will give many years of smooth, trouble-free operation.
While still very clearly a McIntosh design, it does differ in appearance compared to the MT10 and MT5. Most notable is that it’s platter is not illuminated but instead a subtle green glow emanates from under it and the outside edges of the plinth for a touch of refined ambiance. Another difference is that the plinth is thinner and does not include a glass front panel or aluminum endcaps. But then classic design cues such as our illuminated logo and control knob (for speed selection) firmly establish the MT2 as part of the McIntosh family. Further establishing the McIntosh familial connection is the plinth that is capped by an acrylic plate with styling borrowed from the RS100 Wireless Speaker.
- Belt driven
- Plays 33-1/3 and 45 rpm records
- Tracking force, anti-skate force, cartridge overhang and arm height are all preset from the factory
- Includes a moving coil cartridge that is compatible with both moving coil and moving magnet inputs
- Tonearm is constructed from dural-aluminum with special damping materials and is light weight yet highly rigid
- Noise free vertical bearings feature two precision ceramic surfaces with damping fluid
- The horizontal bearing is a gimballed sapphire design
- Outer platter is made from a special dynamically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM) and is over 1” thick
- Inner platter is made of CNC-precision milled aluminum
- Platters rotate on a polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing
- DC motor is driven by an external voltage-stabilized power supply and is completely decoupled from the chassis
- Plinth has a resonance optimized and highly compressed wood base with black lacquer finish
- Top and middle acrylic plates help absorb unwanted vibrations
- A clear, contoured dust cover is included
Moving Coil, High Output
2.5 mV at 5 cm/s
1000 Ohms recommended (Preamp MC Input)
20Hz to 50kHz
35dB at 1kHz
15 x 10-6 cm/dyne
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE
Less than 0.5 dB at 1kHz
Sapphire and Ceramic
Vertical Tracking Angle, Antiskate, Azimuth