A full range reference monitor designed specifically for superlative tonal and spatial accuracy. Recovery of fine low-level detail, maximum possible resolution, transient accuracy, and exceptional dynamic contrast were our specific design goals. Accurate tracing of all waveform parameters, without exaggeration or artifact is the hallmark of the Precision Monitor 4, a transparent window into the heart of recorded music.
Music is the passion in our blood and the muse of our intellect.
DESIGNED BY NEIL PATEL FOR AVALON ACOUSTICS
- Advanced light weight driver diaphragm materials minimize energy storage and time-domain distortion.
- Each driver individually tested and matched for optimum performance.
- Smooth, wide polar response for superlative imaging capabilities.
- Exceptionally flat impedance characteristics, damped and purely resistive, for ideal interface with high speed/high resolution amplification.
- Crossover circuitry is hard-wired with surface-only conductors, eliminating deleterious sonic effects of printed-circuit boards.
- Proprietary all-phase crossover topologies. 5 degrees phase deviation from 0 dB to -76dB (all drivers)
- Careful crossover control of all magnetic field interaction.
- Proprietary magnetics technology increases energy transfer and reduces noise floor.
- Constrained-mode damping system absorbs cabinet vibrations.
- Three dimensional staging through meticulous 2pi-4pi baffle shaping.
- Purely pistonic driver behavior. No diaphragm break-up modes within 76db of signal.
- Acoustically inert wave launch platform.
1" Concave Diamond Diaphragm tweeter
3 1/2" Concave Ceramic Dome Midrange
11" Nomex Kevlar Composite Cone Woofer
4 Ohms Nominal
24 Hz to 50 kHz
Recommended Amplifier Power:
25 to 400 Watts
Two Position Binding Post
49” (125 cm) High
12" (30 cm) Wide
17" (43 cm) Deep
175 Pounds (79 kg each) each