If you have a trade-in, request Trade-in Price.
A compact floorstanding loudspeaker with a performance that is anything but small, the new Motion 20i features a Folded Motion® tweeter, dual 5.5-inch aluminum cone woofers with a rear-firing bass port, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network. Motion 20i delivers the classic broad soundstage of the Motion Series from a newly designed enclosure enhanced by the slightest of modifications, including the drive-stabilizing dust cap design, stiffened motor suspension, and low-mounted woofers to reduce an acoustically harmful phenomenon known as floor bounce. The speaker’s enclosure sports a reinforced baffle and a fabric grille.
Engineering, Without Compromises
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineering and design team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering and time-honored cabinet construction techniques. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Sound Inspired by Electrostatic Speakers
The success of the Motion Series is directly attributed to its close relation to MartinLogan’s legendary ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers. The desire to transmute that level of performance into a more traditional loudspeaker at a more affordable price drove the initial design imperatives that created the Motion Series.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
MartinLogan’s signature Folded Motion tweeter utilizes an extremely low mass diaphragm that “squeezes” air, thus demanding significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter. Its folded design allows for a much larger surface area (compared to that of a regular 1-inch dome tweeter), controlled dispersion characteristics, and vanishingly low distortion. It’s a miracle of audio engineering that’s able to deliver much of the high-frequency detail and speed of a large, dynamic electrostatic panel in a small space.
Made in North America. Priced for a single speaker.
Available in Gloss Black, Red Walnut or Matte White Finish.
- Frequency Response: 46-25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 90 db/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 500 & 2,600 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1″ × 1.4″ (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ × 1.75″ (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 5.5″ (14cm) aluminum cone woofers in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dust caps reduce cone break-up.
- Components: Precision Vojtko™ with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 37 lbs. (16.8 kg)
- Dimensions: 36.6″ x 6.8″ x 11.7″ (92.9cm x 17.3cm x 29.7cm)