The Concept Wood turntable furthers the sonic excellence of the award-winning Concept turntable. The Concept Wood uses a baltic birch, constrained layer plinth that is both visually attractive and sonically rich and smooth. The aluminum machined sub-platter and rear-mounted fine speed adjustments are an upgrade from the original Concept design.
A Genuine, Timeless & Modern Design
The Concept Wood is equipped with the Satisfy Black tonearm, which features a 3-point mechanical bearing, magnetic anti-skate, and hard-wired tonearm cable. You can upgrade to the Satisfy Carbon Fiber tonearm for enhanced musicality and imaging. A high-quality Clearaudio moving magnet (Concept MM) or moving coil (Concept MC) cartridge can be pre-mounted to complete this setup. The Concept is belt-driven by a low-noise, decoupled DC motor built into the baltic birch plinth. The platter is made of 30mm-thick polymer (POM), an engineering thermoplastic with a weighted rim for increased fly-wheel effect, providing greater speed stability. The Concept Wood plays at three speeds – 33rpm, 45rpm, and 78rpm – selectable by an Electronic Speed Control knob.
- Made in Germany
- Constrained-layer Baltic Birch plinth
- 2-piece 30mm-thick POM platter
- Polished tempered steel bearing shaft within sintered bronze bushings
- Mirror polished teflon thrust pad
- Belt-driven by a decoupled DC motor
- 33, 45 and 78 rpm at a turn of a dial
- Optional factory mounted and aligned MM or MC phono cartridge