Utilizing Sennheiser’s mastership of acoustic properties, the HD 700 delivers an advanced acoustic DNA never before heard in headphones.
Beginning with an angled transducer, the 700 angles sound to mimic the positioning of a set of reference monitors. This, in tandem with the DuoFol diaphragm, provides a wide sound stage with ultra-fast response and rest times: close your eyes and you are in the front row. A great headphone transducer is only half of the equation. Sennheiser’s acoustic team used the HD 700 project as motivation to obtain a cleaner, purer sound in unconventional ways and thus the patent-pending ventilated magnet system was born. By venting the magnet laying behind the diaphragm, airflow was properly managed and overall turbulence was minimized. This advancement did not add to the sound- but subtracted an artifact from it. The results? Purity.
The outer transducer chassis was also considered as a component of shared acoustic duty. By utilizing a specialty steel mesh molded to the natural shape of the acoustic sum, the open-aire system remained pure while properly directing airflow. These techniques combine to support the impeccable capabilities of the transducer with world-class, practical acoustic management.
Borrowing a design cue from the flagship HD 800, the HD 700 also utilizes a vibration damping frame– strategic layering of materials to aide in eliminating unwanted resonances from entering the acoustic chamber. The culmination of these technologies lends to the warm, detailed, balanced and utterly revealing sonic signature that is luxurious and practical for the audiophile purist.
- Angled transducer mimics the positioning of a set of reference monitors
- DuoFol diaphragm provides a wide sound stage with ultra-fast response and rest times
- Patent-pending ventilated magnet system to manage airflow for ultra-low THD
- Specialty steel mesh molded to the natural shape of the acoustic chamber
- Vibration damping frame eliminates unwanted resonances from entering the acoustic chamber
- Ships in a luxurious storage box to protect the headphones
- HD 700 headphones
- Storage box
- Dimensions (single) 9.3 x 5.9 x 12.5 in
- Weight (single) 3.5 lbs
- Dimensions (master carton) 20.1 x 1322 x 13.7 in
- Master carton quantity 4
- Frequency response 10-42,000 Hz
- Ear coupling Around-the-ear
- Transducer principle Dynamic, open-aire
- Nominal Impedance 150Os
- Sound Pressure Level 105 dB (1 kHz, 1 V)
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Jack plug ¼ inch (6.3mm) straight
- Weight (without cable) 9.6 ounces
- Cable length 9.8 feet
- Weight (master carton) 15.75 lbs