If you have a trade-in, request Trade-in Price.
Bryston’s new BP-2 phono preamplifier applies our extraordinary low-distortion, wide bandwidth amplification to your record collection. Available in either MM (moving magnet) only or MM/MC (adds moving coil), the BP-2 is a perfect match for most available cartridges today. Both versions include switchable capacitive loading for use with moving magnet cartridges.
The MM/MC version adds a pair of ultra low distortion, wide bandwidth step-up transformers (the same ones used in our TF-2) to add compatibility with low output moving coil carts. The transformers can be factory wound for an additional 20dB or 31dB of gain.
Power the BP-2 from your existing Bryston MPS-2 DC power supply or from the new PS-3 DC power supply.
Inputs: 2x RCA, 1x Turntable Ground
Outputs: 2x RCA
- MM gain is 41dB, MM/MC-20 gain is 61dB, MM/MC-30 gain is 72dB
- Switchable capacitive loading between 100µF and 400µF for MM cartridges
- Exceptionally flat frequency response +/-0.1dB 20Hz-20kHz with inverse RIAA EQs
- Powered by outboard Bryston MPS-2 or Bryston PS-3 DC power supply
- All steel chassis and top
- 2.75″ H x 5.7″ W x 8.25″ D
- 57mm H x 145mm W x 210mm D
- Available with silver or black faceplate
- Available in Moving Magnet only, or MM/MC
- Phono Power Cable for MPS-2 Power Supply (Purchased Separately)
- “I don’t exactly know if Bryston had finding future customers in mind or if the Canadian company wanted to please its many admirers and users first. In either case, we can safely say Mission Accomplished!” – Adrien Rouah, Mag@zine TED