Revolution meets evolution.
Our reference network player, the NDS, is an audiophile-quality music source, every bit the sonic equal of the very finest high-end CD players and turntables. Whether you’re browsing your digitally stored music collection, exploring tens of thousands of internet radio stations, discovering music via the built in Spotify Connect feature, or indulging in a high-resolution 24bit/192kHz download, the NDS delivers unrivalled performance.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution from Naim hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3. Gapless playback on all lossless file formats and on most compressed music
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- 40bit SHARC processor optimises digital pathways and helps eliminate jitter
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Reference-quality Burr Brown PCM1704 precision laser-trimmed sign-magnitude DACs
- Three 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Fully isolated internal layout, with shielding cans housing streaming module, DSP power supply and DACs
- Heavy brass sub-chassis with steel-sprung floating suspension system for optimum isolation
- iOS and Android Naim app for intuitive control
The electronic brain of the NDS is a 40bit SHARC Digital Signal Processor (DSP), the most powerful to be fitted to any Naim component so far. It’s capable of performing a staggering billion calculations per second. By monitoring the flow of data through the NDS’ buffers and adjusting the clocks accordingly, it provides jitter-free accuracy and optimum performance whatever the relative quality of the music being played. Yet, for all its complexity, the NDS is easy to use: our bespoke control software ensures seamless compatibility with all your digital devices. You’ll find the NDS simple to live with and an absolute delight to listen to.
While its concept is revolutionary, much of the NDS represents an evolution of classic Naim themes. Its internal architecture is separated into carefully screened digital and analogue pathways, each mounted on suspended brass plates to minimise resonance and vibration. Sound critical boards and components are further isolated by their own shields, reducing interference within the chassis to the absolute minimum. Finally, the NDS has no internal power supply, ensuring optimum performance by isolating its sensitive electronics from electromagnetic and mechanical interference.
|Dimensions||18 × 12 × 5 in|